Saturday 12 March 2011

WANTED- New Best Friend

My so called best friend Newton is remaining as allusive as a good idea in a Frogpool match. I catch fleeting phantom like glimpses at school but that is all. I've sent him gnat messages but my gnat says he can't find him. In fact I've tried so many times that my gnat has gone on strike.

It's time I faced the fact that Newton no longer wants to be my friend and as you don't last long in this bog without friends I need to find some new ones before the bulls close in. I have drawn up a list of prospective best friends.

Mungo Frog Mungo seems to spend a lot of his time on his own these days, especially since his prolonged absence due to a nasty case of bog rot. Most of the other phibs have given him a wide berth since then. Miss Hopply the school nurse ensures us that he has been discharged by the Quack and is fully recovered but we are all a bit suspicious of the black acne that seems to persist.

The good thing from my point of view is that he is desperate for a friend so would defiantly welcome me with open webs, but is it worth the risk? Also he is a fantastic Frogpool player, playing central sub for the team and I really don't want any more Frogpool in my life than has to be there.

Nostradamus Frog  My cousin and since Mum has noticed that I'm not hanging out with Newton anymore she's started making hints that I should spend time with him instead. That's typical of mothers isn't it? Just because we're related she thinks we should automatically be best friends.

The truth of it is that Nostradamus, or Notty, as he likes to be known is a bit funny and not in a good way. He's a member of the Westside Bog Choir and a real head case. He has 'Croak till you choke!' tattooed across his throat and rumour has it that it was his idea to bring back illegal joy hopping. Mum's really worried that he will go the same way as Uncle Bosch, she thinks I'll be a calming influence on him. Who's going to keep me calm though? That's want I want to know! Still, with him about the bulls would stay right away.


A Notty Problem!

Tarquin Toad I used to play with Tarquin a lot when I went to nursery pool and whenever I see his mum she always asks me round for some grubs. But it's such a long time ago now since I was a froglet and he was a toadling, we've just grown apart. He's obsessively into subjects like Bogology and PSHE which I can't stand, he even attends Bogolgy Club most lunchtimes. He hates anything to do with Frogpool and never really forgave me for joining the team, not that I ever had anything to do with that! He also finds bipeds and anything to do with them repulsive and can't understand my interest with you humans at all. He blames you for all the bogs problems, personally  I think you are just misunderstood.

When we started at Westside Bog Sports Academy he soon made new friends as Bogology Club and I started to hop with Newton. Still I think I'd prefer to spend Time with Tarq than nutty Notty and I've heard rumors that he's fallen out with the president of Bogology club over what is the best ph for the growth of blue algae so maybe he'd be glad of an old friend.

This is an impossible decision to make so I have added a poll, please take a moment to help me decide who should be my new best friend.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you are taking this way out! Obviously there's something going on with Newton and instead of finding out what - you are scraping the mud at bottom of the pond in search of a replacement! You have gone right down to the mud with the other losers in my estimation. Sorry for reacting so strongly but friendships are like lily pads, they need tender care. Now go and find out what's wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me I have tried! Have sent gnat after gnat. He's never at home when I call, his mum and dad don't seem to know where he is. Can't catch him on the hop at school either. The funny thing is there are one or two other phibs who seem to have sunk below the surface as well, but I honestly have no idea what is going on.

    And you really don't want to end up a lone phib at West Bogside, lone phibs soon become late phibs here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stupid who cares about frogs. not this person. what is there to be said about some lazy a** frogs.

    ReplyDelete