Saturday 18 June 2011

Frogpool Rules!

I've had a revelation.

I LOVE FROGPOOL!


I've spent a lifetime believing it to be more loathsome  and less useful than pond slime but now I suddenly get it, I suddenly see if for the beautiful game it is.

And why this sudden change of feeling? Well it all came about when Lily defected from WBS school team to join the renegade Phibian United team. The biggest most beautiful bull in the bog is suddenly on MY side.Last week I didn't have an ounce of strength left for one more practise, but now I can't get enough of them.

I LOVE going to practise.

I LOVE that I can't beat Lily in a race across the pool.

I LOVE every tackle when she pins me to a pad or sends me to the bottom of the pool.

LOVE that she always checks I'm OK after.

I LOVE that she croaks the loudest when  I perform my trade mark triple twist hop.


I LOVE that Newton has the widest grin I've ever seen 'cos he just knows we're going to beat Chatternack's team now.

I LOVE that she believes in me (and Phibians United, but mostly me).

And it's not just the Phibian practises that I'm loving. West Bogside practises great too! Sir. Chatternack soon got wind of Lily quitting and like me put a stop to it, there was no way he was losing talent like hers. Pixie was hopping mad but there's nothing she can do about it with Chatternack on the case.

 I LOVE that I am no longer the scape croak of the team, but have Lily's support.

I LOVE seeing Pixie inwardly seething.

I LOVE her desperate attempts to rattle me (and Lily).

I LOVE the fact that none of them work

I LOVE the fact that Lily has more talent in her left webs than Pixie  can muster in her entire bulk.

I LOVE that Pixie knows this too.


So now I can't wait to wipe the smile of Chatternack's smug warty face when he sees Lily and me (and the rest of our team) pulverise WBS into pond scum! I'm a frog in serious training!

No comments:

Post a Comment