Sunday 12 June 2011

Miracles do Happen

So there I was going through yet another gruelling Amphibians United practise when we we suddenly found a beautiful angelic presence in our midst.   And who was this divine visitor you ask. Non other than the love of my life, Lily!


Lily Frog- My great big angle!

OK, the rest of the team didn't quite see it that way, in fact  tackled her and pinned her to a pad suspecting her to be there for reasons of sabotage. And she stayed pinned there until Newton gave the order release her, and only after the rest of the team had set up a perimeter around her to prevent her escape.

The funny thing was, when she was let her go she sat serenely in the middle while her immense guard seemed to have the jitters as if she hadn't got anything to worry about at all.

"What has Pixie sent you to do?" asked Newton.

"She didn't send me." replied Lilly, "I'm defecting."


"WHAT!?!?" said everyone.

"Yes, I think showing that all phibs are equal is inspirational and I want to join."
My true love has come over to my side, well away from the evil nasty webs of Pixie. Or at least that's what I thought. The rest of the team were not as convinced.

"You don't believe this pond rot!" said Petula, "she's clearly a spy from the other team."

"Good point," said Newton, "if you were really sympathetic to out cause you would have joined sooner."

"I wanted to but it's not that easy, going against Pixie is committing social suicide and I'm new here, I wasn't sure I was brave enough for that."

 
"And what about the school team?"

"Quit it, to be honest Pixie was glad to see the back of me, I'm a much better bull than she is and she doesn't really like competition."

It was obvious that this little revelation started to soften Newton, winning the match means everything to him and he wasn't going to pass up an advantage like that!

"Oh come on," Ivana said, "you're not going to listen to this FROG are you? We formed this team to show frogs like her a thing or two."

"No we didn't, "snapped Newton, "we formed this team to show that it really doesn't matter what species you are we're all good enough to play together. Having another frog on the team will even things up a bit, make the point clearer."

"Well you needn't think she's having my place on the team!" she snapped, "I've worked really hard for that."

"Oh no," said Lily genuinely apologetically, "I don't want top push anyone of the team."

"And you won't," said Newton, "we'll substitute through the match, make sure everyone gets a fair turn. Does everyone agree?"

There were general agreements from the team, some rather begrudgingly. Newton turned to me and winked. "Well I know you don't need any convincing at least," he said. And I didn't.

Playing it cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment