Saturday 16 April 2011

Runaway Reprobates and Reprieves

I was terrified to go back to school after Newton's shock revelation last week. All illegal frogpool activity should be reported to Sir Chatternack immediately so that he can inform the authorities. Of course there is no way I'm going to drop my best friend in the mire like that. Newton is completely right but if anyone finds out that I know about an illegal team I'll be expelled faster that you can say gribbit. If I'm actually playing for that team I honestly don't want to even think about what will happen to me, frogs have disappeared for less. 

Wherever I went in school on Monday I was convinced that phibs could see straight through my skull to what I was thinking, I daren't look anyone in the eyes. Luckily for me something came along as a distraction. Not so lucky for Nostradamus Frog though, Nostradamus has bogged off and is missing!


Have you seen this frog?

My reprobate of a cousin was last seen hopping towards the road croaking that he'd had enough of this backbog, he was going to make his mark in the great wet world. His disappearance had sent panic rippling through the habitat. Search parties have been all over the bog and there is no sign of him, thankfully especially on the road. School is taking it especially seriously and Sir Chatternack himself has interviewed every member of Note's choir to try and discover where and why he has gone, but if they know they won't croak.

Sir Chatternack is terrified it may start a wave of disinfected adolescent defections so he called the whole school into the hall to watch this not at all patronising public information video.


Nostradamus' disappearance has prompted a wide range of responses from the bog community, here are just some of them.

Sir Chatternack- Nostradamus is a foolhardy frog and his behavior will only lead nowhere good and should not be imitated under any circumstances.

Dad- The outside world will pound him to pond sludge.

Mum- Oh my bog, it's Uncle Bosch all over again!

Gramps- I don't know what all the fuss is about, I mean it's not as if he's any loss to the bog, better off out of the gene pool if you ask me.

Newton- If anyone really believes he has crossed over to the other side they've got pond weed for brains. He's as scared of the road as the next phib, it's all a big show, he'll be laying low under a log somewhere thinking up what his story is going to be ready for his dramatic homecoming.

And what do I think? I've barely give Note a second thought, I'm just relieved that it's bought me some time over the inter-species frogpool team. The bog's now under a strict curfew which means there is no chance for after school frogpool practises, I can duck the issue for a little longer. Hopefully, if the curfew last long enough, Newton will have lost his equality fervor and come to his senses. And if you believe that then you believe Sir Chatternack was once a froglet!


No comments:

Post a Comment